The Association is open to Ship Agents incorporated in Kenya, who represent Kenyan / East African businesses, shipping lines, ship owners and charterers. The overall purpose of KSAA is to promote ethical business and best practice and to facilitate seaborne trade and economic growth in Kenya and the wider East Africa Region.
To achieve this KSAA aims:
- To maintain and promote its code of conduct and ethics and to encourage best practice
- To act as the custodian of the industry's future by actively promoting training programs
- To consult with Government agencies and non-governmental organisations in order to agree on common policies that aim to reduce the cost of importing and exporting commodities into East Africa
- To assist with improving the efficiency of supply chain systems in East Africa and thereby reduce overall costs to Kenyan consumers as well as our neighbours.
- To promote Kenya, specifically the Port of Mombasa, as the trade hub for East Africa
In Kenya KSAA consult with both Government and Private Agencies, including Kenya Ports Authority, Kenya Maritime Authority, Kenya Revenue Authority, Kenya International Freight & Warehousing Association, Shippers Council of East Africa, Kenya Railways, Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) among others and internationally we consult with The Federation of National Associations of Ship Brokers and Agents (FONASBA)